Thursday, September 18, 2008

One week and counting..


Its one week out from the 2008 Prospector Ride.


This year we are taking the new baby of the house. The 2007 GS1200 adventure. As you can see in the picture above the GS has been pampered for a day while it sat in the office cafe for a promotion of the company Poker Run. I know..poker run but its a company thing and for a good cause. Plus how many people get to park inside the office buliding huh?
Plan for the 2008 Prospector Ride is as such:
9/26-27 we are going to high tail ourselves from PA to CO. The GS will be on a trailer..and don't give me any bull sh*t on that. I only get like 5 weeks of vacation and I'm not going to waste a days riding across Kansas! Doing the trailer buys me big time days...cause we ride straight through and me and Jenn and take turns sleeping in the back of the truck.
You wanna give me crap on the trailing? Try to keep up with us for a week.
Prep work for this trip has been pretty easy.
Bike got:
Oil change (Castrol 20w50 GTX)
Tranny fluid change (Amsoil 80w90 syn)
New tires (Battle wings)
rear drive fluid change (Valvoine 80w140 dino)
2 new 12v sockets (Eastern Beaver)
new tank bag (RKa)
new pannier liners (Rka which will be my last purchase EVER from them)
Schedule
9-26-27 Pa to CO
9/28 Limon CO to Silverton
9/29 Silverton to Blanding UT
9/30 Blanding to Eaclante
10/1 Esclante to Marble Canyon
10/2 Marble Canyon to Durango
10/3 Durnago to Limon
10/4-5 Limon to Pa

1 comment:

Cameron Lovealce` said...

I'm looking at some buying some RKA liners. You say this is the last time buying them, ever. Did you have a problem with them?