Friday, September 6, 2013

$8 dollar a gallon for gas

Yep, I paid $8 a gallon for gas on the Ice fields Parkway between Banff and Jasper. I had to there was not enough in the tank to get me to Jasper and the Canadian government has a monopoly of fuel on the parkway.

So yesterday was Golden BC to Jasper AB, it was to be the gem of the ride but its ending up being another road with mountains flanking it. Its a tourist trap, the road sucks and there are more people clogging up the place than I care to be around. If you can come by all means do so but its not an adventure its a drive.

Jasper is nice its clean, lots of shops and food. The hotel is over $200 an night for an older place that would be less than $100 anywhere else But hey that's the fun of it. Check Jasper off the list.

Prior to Jasper we did some off the beaten path bit in Yoho. A guy ay the Yamaha shop in Golden gave us a few cannot miss to do side trips. So in Yoho we go to see a spiral train tunnel and walked up to the bottom of the 2nd tallest waterfall in Canada. The tunnel would have been better if a train had been around but not luck. The waterfall was big and if you wanted you could walk right into it.


We also walked up to a glacier, in Jasper.

I maybe jaded to the point of not enjoying the Icefield parkway like I should. WE have seen glaciers and mountains every day without the commercial side getting in the way. Its a great road for seeing mountains.

On a bad note I got had a talking to my a Mounty from the RMCP. I thought she was just stopping to talk Pens hockey but he was rude after I took her picture.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess we have no reason to complain about $3.69 a gallon for gas.

Anonymous said...

HaHaHaHa! Gotta love that Mounty!