Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Keslo to Golden..wow

Arriving in Golden today, made me miss Keslo. I know the best day of the trip is gone. Riding to Keslo along Kootenay Lake was great, no traffic, curves with mountains on both sides. The lake was crystal clear and smooth as silk, wish I could have been on it for a ride.

Then when in Keslo we had a great dinner, and talked with neighbors all night at the motel, a few were other riders. The tow was not a tourist spot it was a lost world. Smaller than Scenery Hill it was squeezed in a peninsula on the lake, less than 500 people call it home. It as special as Silverton Colorado, Mexican Hat Utah and Red Lodge Montana have been in the pass, I want to stay in Keslo.

But we are in Golden, which is a normal town. Blah.

The ride from Keslo to Golden..top 5 ever, maybe number one.
Thinking back:
1. My Minnesota 1000 winning ride
2. Beartooth Highway and stopping at the Top of the World store
3. Going to the Sun in Glacier USA (the first time)
4. Monterey WV doing the Void rally with Jenn (hate the rally!)
5. Ouray Colorado to Silverton Colorada

But I may need to push today to oh say number 3 on that list. It would be number two but I doubt Jenn will be able to get back here to spread my ashes here so we will keep Beartooth up there as #2.

Car, bike, motorcycle what ever, if you have a love for riding isolated roads, with scenery unmatched you need to go from PortHill Idaho to Golden BC. Glacier Park in Canada is indescribable. But I'll post a few pictures to help you see what I mean.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to go there, too!