Saturday, September 7, 2013

Waterproof has an expiration time

Can't say much of Canmore to Shelby Montana. Did not see much and I did not feel much. It was 57 and raining hard until the last hour of a 5 hour ride.

I can say:
When my mirrors catch rain in the wind or spray from a car they drip on my gloves.
When the front tire hits a big puddle or runs in the troughs of the high way full of water I feel it on my boots.
When I crack my shield to keep it from fogging the rain get in my eyes.

My boots, gloves, jacket and pants are all sold on the premise of being waterproof. I guess it should be listed like a fire rating as to just how long it is waterproof. Too bad my socks, underwear and t-shirt were not waterproof to help when the outer gear failed.

On the bright side I can assure you our borders are secure. The mature lady at the crossing asked sternly. "Are you importing any fruits or vegetables?" No "Are you importing any ammo, guns or explosives?" No "'tobacco?" DAMN! I forgot to buy Cubans!

Hey we are in Shelby Montana tonight. Had prime rib at The Sports Inn, $22 for 26 ozs and a great room at Best Western> Even hit the hot tub trying to recapture some body heat.

No pictures as we don't own a waterproof camera...or any waterproof motorcycle gear apparently!

Just to keep it interesting check some of the Jasper southbound pictures before the heaven erupted 2 days ago.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hot tub sounds like the perfect solution!